Setting up portfolio
Portseido enables you to see all your investments in one place, so that you can easily make data-driven decisions and learn from your past. This guide aims to help you setting up your portfolio successfully. Here are 4 ways you can get started:
1. Add trades via the UI
With this option, you can simply add your trades anywhere on our site. You can do this by:
- Go to . Then click the + button on the top right corner of the page
- Fill out the form with the right input (Click + Transaction if you want to add more transactions)
- Click save
Note that, by default, the currency is set to
Auto which means both the price and commission are expected to be in the local currency the asset is trading in.
2. Upload trade files from your brokers
Portseido supports uploading your trade log directly from various sources e.g. Fidelity, Degiro, Interactive Brokers and many more.
If you can't find your broker in the list, send us a request. We take all requests seriously, and it usually takes no more than two working days to add support for your template. To request one, follow the same instructions below. Alternatively, you can also input trades in Excel following our template and upload that too.
- Go to Portseido. Click + button on the top right corner of the page and Upload Files respectively, or to go directly to upload process
- Select your data source (or click Request here on the top if you can't find yours)
- Follow the instructions to export trade log file
- Upload the file and click Upload button
- Click Save
3. Google Spreadsheet
This option enables you to use your Google Sheet as a trade source. In this way, you can update your trades in spreadsheet and simply sync those trades easily on Portseido. You can start using Spreadsheet by going to Transactions or Settings page, and change the transaction source there, or
- Copy the sheet template from by clicking File > Make a Copy
- Fill in all your trades according to the formats
- Date: use the date format "2020-01-31" or "20200131"
- Ticker: use the Yahoo finance ticker symbol. Search for your stock symbol here
- Action: one of the following actions (Buy, Sell, Deposit, Withdraw)
- Shares: number of shares/units bought or sold or the amount of CASH deposited or withdrawn. Amount of CASH must be in USD
- Price: action price (Buy/Sell price) must be in the local currency, i.e. the currency of the country where the stock is listed.
- Currency (Optional): currency that the price and commission are in i.e. USD, EUR, GBP, GBp, etc. Left blank if it is the currency that the asset is traded in.
- Share the sheet
- Review and edit your transactions
- Click Finish
4. Let us do it for you
We understand that setting up your portfolio can be laborious and time-consuming, so we offer to do it for you.
- Go to
- Export trade logs from anywhere you want
- Select and upload the files
- Click FINISH button
If you run into any issues, you can reach out for help by contacting [email protected]. We are always happy to help you out.